Monday 20 May 2013

Book Review: 100 Years Of Fashion Illustration


The book 100 Years of Fashion Illustration by the author Cally Blackman, was published in 2007 by Lawrence King Publishing in association with Central Saint Martins College of art and design.

The book contains many images of different fashion illustrations and fashion related art.  Ranging from photographs, to digital work, to simple sketch designs. The layout mainly consists of one image per page and a lot of white space.
There is a little information at the bottom of each image describing the artists motives behind the drawings (If there was any notable information) and the techniques and materials they used to create each piece of art.
Some, however are severely lacking in information, There is not a whole lot to be learned from this book. It is mainly just a gathering of information. I suppose for research purposes this book is very simple and quick to grasp. So this is the main thing I will take away from reading this book. I may chose to research further into some of the artists within it.

The images are more helpful than the information. I believe I can use them to create my own designs, as inspiration and guidlines.  I intend to draw my own designs based off of my punk theme.
Looking into all the different ways of presenting this fashion to the public has been very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment